MongoDB is a popular open source nosql database. It’s gain in popularity has been due to ease of use, speed and options for scalability.The MongoDB App collects health and operational metrics for MongoDB cluster or group mongo instances.
The MongoDB App tracks the following metric categories.
- Database statistics – size, number of objects, index metrics ,extents
- Mongod metrics – memory used, number of operations, connections, queries etc
- Collections – Size, object count, indexes
- Mongo logs – operations, errors and warning
Get started in minutes
To get started with the MongoDB app download Logscape and the app if you have not done so already.
- Download MongoDb ( get the app )
- Sample Properties file ( download the overrides )
- Get Logscape ( download from here )
Once you have downloaded the app you will need to let it know where your mongod instances are. Edit the properties file and update the members property and give it a comma separated list of hosts to monitor.
Upload the MongoApp-1.0.zip and the MongoApp-1.0.override.properties files on the Deployment page in Logscape and then click deploy.
Navigate to the Mongo – Home Workspace and start monitoring your environment
The MongoDB App consists of four main workspaces, each focusing on a certain aspect of a MongoDB deployment. Here are a few screenshots:
Each Workspace gives you a view of your mongo deployment. Additional Workspaces can be created to provide a customized view specific to your environment.
Subscribe to the Mailing List!!!
Useful Tutorials, tips and howto’s can be sent directly to your inbox when you subscribe to our mailing list